http://nathaniellaurent.com and several sites do inform you as to how you can start a successful blog and infactNathaniel Laurent even goes ahead to tell you how you can increase your home business by upto 300%.
Well, here are some practical tips you can follow when building a blog for yourself.
- You should make a plan before you even start a blog. You should think of all that will be essential in creating the blog and craft a site which is a whole package so to speak. In the blogpeople should know what it is about even before they can read the blog. For example, if your blog is about food – there should be pictures of mouth watering food all over. If it deals with money, you should have pictures of currency, a business like feel and a lot of graphs.
- You should choose your themes and colors well. It should not be too jarring on the eyes. It should not have negative color themes as well and if you want people to pay attention to the text, it should be a light background with black or dark colored text for easy reading.
- The blog should be organizedinto different categories. The topics should be arranged well. There should not be very long widgets and as per similarity, frequency of it being used as well as priority it should be grouped together.
- Images as well as media and videos should be used as this breaks the monotony of the blog.
- The homepage should have the about page, a search box, various lists of posts, widgets of top and recent posts, related posts, category clouds, links, RSS feed subscriptions and email boxes, social media buttons, like and share buttons as well as feedback ones.